Friday, December 6, 2013

Even a human wont mind a little bit of blood in this ...Hammer True Blood




Hammer True Blood

Well if you are a fan of sookie and vampires you will definitely love this ball,
Not just because its name is taken after the vampire series but how the way this ball attacks the lanes with its precise and deadly accuracy.

One of the places I bowl league in is usually bone dry and even lowest end of the reactive balls would also over hook so, the only balls that can be used there is either urethanes or polyester with core in it like the hammer taboo or the hammer true blood.
I already had the taboo polyester and this time round I needed something stronger with a polyester cover so the true blood was my choice, besides the urethanes.
I have this drilled up at 55 x 4.25 x 35 and kept in oob.
This layout gives me an earlier roll as compared to the usual lay out I used, and also considering that this is a polyester cover stock, definitely need an earlier roll with this.
I did some practice when I had the ball and the usual getting the ball into the pocket having it to strike was nothing to boast of.
But what amazed me when I had a few splits.
Remember how frustrating it is when u leave a big 4 and you try to slide your spare ball just at the side of the pin 6(for right hander) and pin 4 (for the south paw) to take out the pin 10 or pin 7 so that the pin 6 or pin 4 can slide across the deck taking out the 6/10 or 4/7?
But most of the time its either the spare ball will over hook because you gave it too much a lift to ensure that it doesn’t skid off the lane into the gutter or without an lift the ball will just head straight to the gutter.
I did try a few times on the big 4 with this ball and I was amazed at how good this ball is at keeping its line.
Once it did the turn, it just went straight on brushing the pin 4 on the shoulder (I am a lefty trying to convert the 4-7-6-10 and 4-7-10 and 4-10),did that 8 times and 5 times it just brushed the pin 4 not touching it, I told myself this has got to be the most stable polyester ever threw, the other 3 times were I pulled the shot and it went straight into the pin 4 taking out the 7 but could not slide the 4 across the deck.
The next time round my friend had a 4-10 and I asked him to let me try, this time round I made the ball tilted more by giving my wrist a tad more turn instead of lift and it did what I wanted it to….made the turn went straight but because of the slightly more tilt, it actually turned a bit more, this time round, hitting the pin 4 squarely on the side and slide the 4 across the deck taking out the 10, it is just like watching a beautiful piece of art with a stroke of mastery added to its final touches.
Kudos to hammer for being creative enough to pin strong cores in their polyester apart from the usual pan cake core that other companies are using, you actually made bowling more fun when it comes to lanes where urethanes also over hooked.


0 comments:

Post a Comment