Saturday, December 14, 2013

Don't let its name and color fool you....Lane #1 Pink Panther



Pink Panther



Before other brands came out with colors like pink or names for targeted for lady bowlers, I think Lane #1 has the winner in the PINK PANTHER.

Though the color and name seems very fitting for lady bowlers, but this ball itself is definitely not a pushover.
As usual I had this baby punched out at 75 x 5 x 40, shined up from its OOB condition.
Originally I was to use this at the house where the lanes were dry, but I decided to give it a try at a house with 40ft heavy oil.
First shot out of the bag, I was expecting it to act like any other superbly shined up ball that I had, going straighter begin making a small turn at the breakpoint due to the heavy volume of oil, but man I was wrong, it made such a violent turn at the pocket that I decided to swing the ball out in my next shot.
The ball worked as if it literally had teeth as it cover stock and it just revved up the moment it touches the lane, going on and on towards the 2nd board before it made a 90degrees turn into the pocket, smashing the deck.
Well, so now we know how it works on fresh oil, so how about playing it with carry down?
The 3rd game into the series, I pulled out the pink panther again and threw it the same line I did for the previous two games and mine oh mine, this ball just couldn’t expend the energy enough!
It just kept going and going and going and despite the carry down with the shined up surface, it just never loses its bite and just turn the corner and smashes the pins once again.
It is as if that the shined up surface and the carry down is practically in non existence at all.
I have the black panther, let’s just see if it’s just as worthy as the sister itself.
It’s just a pity that such a good brand is not PBA registered.
I think it’s really time for the PBA to relook at how they have bowling balls companies register with them to use on the tour.
For me, if it good enough to be used on the lanes because it has been approved by the USBC, it should be good enough for use in any tournaments or tour.

P.s Ball might be discontinued and seems irrelevant for a relatively new ball review site. But I am sure we can still find some old ones lying around or some undrilled ones at some shops.
Anyways, I have tons of discontinued undrilled balls, so it would just be fair if I write a review after I drilled them up.

1 comments:

Post a Comment