Saturday, November 16, 2013

Rotogrip Deranged and Wrecker











Rotogrip deranged and wrecker,hmmm what should I say about this ball? Having seen it being used by PBA pros for the 2013 US open championship which is the hardest tournament to play on in this world right now,I told myself maybe it would be good if I can get one of these, so I headed down to the pro shop and got myself one each, punched it by 75 x 5 x 40 which is my favorite layout and I used this layout on every ball I have except when I need to drill balls for tournament purposes. Not a great fan of playing with surfaces,I left the balls in its box condition.No weight hole,excess weight was taken off by drilling the fingers deeper.
Went to a 6 game tournament with this ball for I heard that the house that the tournament is being held at has relatively drier conditions and I am expecting worse conditions for I am playing the second squad with no fresh oiling, during the warm up practice throw, I tried my usual 15-10 line but the ball over hooked so I went in deeper 25-10 and there was a winner, the ball skidded long enough tru the heads and revs up nicely in the midlane making a sharp turn at the breakpoint dashing into the pockets sending pins flying around and at times when the corner 7 pin seems to be standing, a messenger would appear out of nowhere to carry the corner pin.
There were even times when I missed the breakpoint to the right or left and it still made the turn into the pocket even though hitting light but able to carry the pins.
Two games after I was leading the field of 120bowlers and by the 3rd game I was hitting the carry down and the ball started coming in weak and I splitted for 3 frames, I moved 5 boards right at my feet and while keeping the same breakpoint and it still worked but after three frames the ball was laboring as it struggled with the dry midlane so I moved 15 boards left and moved the breakpoint one board to the outside and I was playing the 10-9 line the ball surprisingly was able to carry the line and started striking.
By the 4th game I was hitting a whole lot amount of carry down and I switch to the rotogrip wrecker which was also drilled 75 x 5 x 40 and kept in box condition. Making use of its hybrid coverstock I went back to the original line of 25-10 but it hitted light,so I made a 2-1 change(2 boards right at my feet and 1 board left at the breakpoint) and I was able to re-create the same kind of reaction that I had from the deranged when I started,strong midlane,without losing energy,made the turn and dashed into the pocket destroying the rack like a wrecking ball used in demolishing buildings. It was also able to cut tru the carrydown with ease that I have due to the low volume of oil laid down from the start.
Used the wrecker for the rest of the games and ended 12 out of a 120 strong field.
Anybody looking for a medium to slightly drier lane conditions will like the 1-2 punch that the wrecker/deranged combo delivers. And if you want a 1-2-3 punch you can add on the disturbed or rumble for the 1-2-3.


 note : wrecker has cracked,not replaced but still posted the photo up

0 comments:

Post a Comment