Saturday, November 16, 2013

Are you a TOPGUN? Jet Bowling Pilot



Pilot
To do a review on this, it was one of the hardest for me for I had to make sure I am not biased against the other brands.
Lanes that the ball was meant for is usually dry and more often than not I gotta use urethane.
Ball came at 2000 polished oob and drilled it 75 x 5 x 40
Ball was able to play different parts of the lane in a 6 full game series.
To make sure I got it right I drilled up the below mentioned balls:
Storm Fringe
Storm Lights out
Storm Tropical Breeze Black/Teal (solid reactive)
Storm Tropical Breeze Purple/Gold/Cherry (pearl reactive)
Rotogrip Scream (pearl reactive)
Rotogrip Shout (solid reactive)
Motiv Venom Toxin
Motiv Ascent Solid
Motiv Ascent Pearl
Ebonite Cyclone
Columbia300 Freeze Hybrid
To make all the balls similar,all were laid out 75 x 5 x 40 and all had surfaces redone at 500-1000-2000 polished by machine.
And all balls were thrown 1st shot of each frame at the same line, once carry down appear I moved lines.
Towards the end of a 6 games series, the balls that were still being able to used were the following:
Storm Fringe
Ebonite Cyclone
Jet Bowling Pilot
2 more games down it was down to just between the Fringe and the Pilot
The only ball that survived after 10 games was the Pilot and it went on for another 2 games before I had to switch to urethane.

Overall I would say that this ball is one of the most versatile light/dry lane ball if you have the right surface played on it.

Soar to New Heights.


0 comments:

Post a Comment